Sunday, May 31, 2009

Jacqueline Gets a "Ka"!!

My driving over here still needs some work (those confusing round-a-bouts still get me sometimes!), but it's good enough now that we felt confident getting a car for me. We bought a 2000 Ford Ka (we're not sure if it's prounced "K-A" or "Ka" like from New Jersey - we're going with "Ka" from NJ because it's more fun!) that I can use to get around town. You'll notice it's very small to make it easier for me to get through the tiny streets and into the tiny parking spots. Now I just have to hope that Lilo can fit into the backseat! =) For those who are wondering, I did get a manual - it'll be weird to shift with my left hand, but I'm hoping I'll get used to it soon! Here's a photo of me with the car:

We are picking it up Thursday after it has been detailed. Of course, this is assuming that I can get car insurance over here before then. I'm a little nervous because of my guardrail incident last year... Wish me luck!

No comments:

Post a Comment