Saturday, August 8, 2009

Suffolk Pigs

Not to scare away any potential visitors, but we thought it was time to share pictures of the pigs we have in the Suffolk area of England. =)

As you drive from town to town, it's not unusual to see "pig homes," the structures you see in these pictures, in the fields. (Brian actually informed me that they are called bungalows.) We had never seen such large pigs before moving here. It's just sad to think though that pork is a really popular menu item here... =(

Check out this picture I caught when my friend and I visited the coast. We were on a tiny back road coming home when we saw the pigs right by the side of the road. Of course we both always have our cameras with us (you never know what you are going to see!), and we were able to get some great pictures. Until this day, I had NEVER seen a pig run - very interesting sight! (Of course I am not really in tune with farm-life!)

2 comments:

  1. Yes it does seem a shame that these lovely animals have to end up on a lot of peoples plates. I will keep on enjoying your blogs.

    Randy

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi bubba and jq i miss you a lot . i can't wait to see you .


    love,sophia

    ReplyDelete