Friday, May 21, 2010

Conquering the Klein Matterhorn in Switzerland


So to continue from our post last month, as part of my dad's trip over here, we ventured over to Switzerland to train through the Swiss Alps and go up the Klein Matterhorn.  Now before you think we are crazy, we didn't actually climb Klein Matterhorn - there are these great little cable cars that take you all the way to almost 13,000 feet, which is reportedly the highest ski area in Europe.  Here we are at the top (the actual Matterhorn is behind us):

  
I was terrified to go up, but Brian and my dad convinced me and I'm so glad they did.  It was one of the most beautiful places I have ever been to - the snow was so pure and white, and it was really neat seeing all of the skiers flying down the mountain.  You can enjoy the photo of me in the cable car on the first dip though; there's also a photo of Brian and my dad enjoying the heck out of it.  =)

Train that took us up to the Matterhorn cable cars

Matterhorn

 
Cool shot Brian got on the train ride...

Brian in Zermatt




On the way down after a great adventure...

No comments:

Post a Comment